Sunday 17 July 2011

A Retrospective Part 1

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  A long time ago a good friend of mine asked me if I had ever blogged, and I said no, I hadn't really thought about it.  Since then I've started Tweeting, and my creative life has become more interesting (in my opinion), so I thought I'd give it a go.

This week is gonna be a tough one, I've got a kidney infection, and my creativity seems to have been thrown out of whack too.  Last week, I did finish a new design though, my planetary meniscus bracelet.  It got a great reception on facebook, but now it's on Etsy, no-one seems interested!  Typical eh?  Anywhoo, here is a link to the bracelet if you're interested: http://www.etsy.com/listing/77517760/planetary-meniscus-bracelet

So, during my time off work, I decided to investigate all the channels available on FreeSat (I've always been a FreeView girl in the past) and I discovered a channel called The Jewellery Making Channel... what a load of rubbish!  Ok, so primarily it's a shopping channel, selling lots of gemstones, findings etc, which is cool, but they do 'demonstrations' the worst of which was how to make a wire spiral... the way they showed was so cack-handed, and would have left tool marks all over the wire.  It does make me wonder where they get their ideas.  Could I do better?  Possibly... but I don't want a TV career!
Picture

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sorry it hasn't sold but it is STUNNING!!!!!! I am so glad you started this blog and I look forward to so much more!

    ReplyDelete