I had a pack of six of them, so making a six-sided shape was the obvious choice.
Initially, I started out small, but realised that that wasn't going to work, and that the spikes needed to have a fair number of beads around them if I was going to join them in a way that gave a strong structure; so the bezelling began! I started off with a ring of size 15s, then increased to 11s around each of the six spikes, then joined them using size 8s. I must admit, I didn't manage to do it quite in the way I had planned, but that was mostly to do with the bead-count. It turned out that I prefer the way I 'botched'!
The corners needed reinforcing to strengthen up the structure, and then I had 12 threads to weave in (yawn!).
I'm very happy with the finished result. A good beading friend of mine made my day by describing it as 'very Laura McCabe'. I couldn't have been happier as I'm going on Laura's beaded sculpture master-class in a months time... I'm still nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be great fun!
So, this is my little spiky ball of beads.... no idea what I'll do with it; it'll probably be added to my pile of 'beady somethings' on my desk.