Friday 10 October 2014

Peacocks & Presents

Initially published on mrspicklefish.blogspot.com 20th November 2013


A friend of mine has been very good to me over the last 8 months - she's been there for support and a shoulder to cry on when I've needed one.

She has often commented how much she likes the jewellery I make - but not the colours I usually work with.  I must admit that I do have a comfort zone with the colours I work with - earthy tones, lots of pinks and golds.  My friend likes brights, jewel colours and the like.

I wanted to make her something special, to say thanks for the support she has given me, and as a gift for Christmas, so I decided to take the plunge into some peacock tones - just for her.

The cab I used was a 'swap', but I really can't remember who made it, so I can't credit them, unfortunately, but it is beautiful.  My friend also has a nickel allergy, so this needed to have a non-metallic clasp - I finished it with a beaded toggle clasp.


So here it is - my Peacock necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment