Sunday 24 July 2011

Handmade Swindon

Yesterday was the re-launch of HandmadeSwindon, formerly The Handmade Market.  It's run by a group of local artists, designers and craftspeople, whose aim it is to promote all things handmade.  Instead of being at the postmodern, the old post office in theatre square, we took over one of the vacant shops in the Brunel Arcade, the main shopping centre in Swindon.  
Hannah did an amazing job of organising things, and when I arrived at 8am, I was one of the last ones to be there to set up.  I was given the spot by the door with the words "we wanted to put beautiful jewellery by the door to entice people in."
This was the view of our shop from the other side of the shopping centre, that's me, in the white trousers!   There were 11 of us selling our wares; three of us were selling jewellery, two artists, three textile artists, two paper-crafters, and a lady who sold sock-monkeys and was painting faces.
My little stall was by the door, next to Sarah-Jane, who was selling her art.  
I think I did pretty well, I sold 3 bangles, 3 bracelets, 2 pairs of earrings two necklaces and took one commisssion.  I've no idea how many cards I gave away either... hopefully that'll generate some income too!
I'll keep you all posted on the date and location of the next market!!

No comments:

Post a Comment