Sunday 17 July 2011

A Retrospective Part 3

Today I finished a piece of crochet that I should have finished 5 months ago (sorry Tim... I'm a bad sister-in-law).  It's amigurumi, and it is a fictional creature called an Alot.  It was the first real piece of amigurumi that I designed, it is based on a picture from someone else'sblog...  
Picture
To understand the whole principle behind the Alot, you're best off reading her blog... but it's a creature created to get over people's bad usage of the term "a lot" making it into one word "alot".
So, my brother-in-law asked me to make him one (well, 3 actually), but I had to design it first, as strangely, figments of peoples imaginations don't come with crochet patterns.
So, Alot number 1 got made just fine and went off to his new home.  Alot number 2 stalled... all the pieces had been made, but they sat in a bag for 5 months when I moved house.  Last night they all got put together, and today the Alot was posted on it's way to Tim for his
friends birthday.
Picture
This was the first attempt, which I love... I am so proud of him.
Picture
And this is Alot number 2.  I am still not happy with his head, I think it's too big, but I will get it right for v3.0

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! Not sure if Alot is supposed to be cute, but he/she/it is! Which yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Wendy Origin Woolie (Shade 1407), I have actually written it up as a pattern if you're interested! Oh, and he's supposed to be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG they are toooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete