Tuesday 21 February 2012

Beaded birdie!

My last post was about a little robin I had embroidered... this is only a short one, but after the really positive feedback I got on the Robin, I thought I'd try something a little different, and bead a blue tit instead.  For those of you who aren't native to the UK, blue tits are tiny little birds, which are rather partial to peanuts, and can be found in British gardens.


In a fit of craziness, I decided to bead it in size 15 beads, they're about 1.2mm  across, so they're REALLY small.  


I was very pleased with the shape of my blue tit... I am totally rubbish at drawing, so the fact that the shape I drew actually looks like a bird, and was actually recognisable as a blue tit was a real triumph!  


So, without further ado, here is my little beaded blue tit!  I hope you like him as much as I do.  I will be wearing him to work tomorrow - I turned him into a broach.

4 comments:

  1. Okay you know these cute little birdies are so awesome! You really nailed this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi:-)
    It's beautiful.I am falling in love with the beading embroidery more and more,deeper and deeper:-)
    Fabulous beadwork in fantastic colors-the beaded bird is identical with the photo.
    I've found Your Blog in that all blogging mess,called'Blogger's browser':-))I like Your Blog and I'm going to stay here:-)
    Warm Hugs from Sweden-Halinka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Halinka, I'm glad you like my blog. I hope to be added some more beaded birds to my collection soon - I'm working on a peacock at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Becca - you are so talented that I almost hate to send this to you. It is a tag game between us bloggers, a get to know you game. If you have a minute and what to play go check out my blog at http://www.livinginthemiddle.com/2012/03/tagi-am-lucky-duck.html

    P.S. Any wedding plans yet?

    ReplyDelete