It is around 10 months since I started making my beaded bag - for the express purpose of using on my wedding day. I finished it two weeks ago.
I didn't spend the whole 10 months working on it... I've guesstimated that it has taken me around 300 hours. So, 300 hours, about £200 of beads and I'm left with something I'm immensely proud of. I can't wait to walk down the aisle to marry my wonderful man, and I can't wait to show off my sparkly bag, either!
This has been the largest project I've attempted, it's been challenging, and I now know I wouldn't attempt a project like this in the same way again... I won't go through the ins and outs of what I'd do differently, but there are a few things that would have made it easier.
I think the most surprising part of this project was how much thread it consumed... 5 whole reels of KO!
The really special piece on this bag is a cab made by my good friend, and wonderful artist/designer Donna Sanders (her shop is here) with our names, and the date of our wedding on.
The bag is predominantly stitched in boucle stitch, which gives the depth to the bag. It also adds to the weight! This little beauty weighs well over half a pound.
The strap for the bag is made with bead crochet - which gives it real flexibility and strength, it can also be tucked into the bag to use it just as a clutch bag.
I'm looking forward to sharing pictures of the big day with you all, so you can see all the little beaded accessories I have made.